- Nelson Mandela Day: Obaseki harps on good governance to engender social justice2 hours 14 minutes ago
- Bauchi Assembly Crisis : The looming danger2 hours 22 minutes ago
- Breaking : Channels reporter hit by stray bullet during Shi’ites, police clash dies4 hours 32 minutes ago
- My encounter with Vigilante herdsmen in Ondo – Ajulo4 hours 44 minutes ago
- Gbajabiamila’s intervention makes resident doctors suspend strike4 hours 49 minutes ago
- FG concerned about revitalizing Lake Chad Basin – Osinbajo4 hours 52 minutes ago
- Obaseki not within your reach, Ogbeide-Oyo family tells people threatening gov’s life4 hours 55 minutes ago
- Women kidnapped as gunmen kill many in Katsina4 hours 57 minutes ago
- Over 500 investors set to visit Nigeria for inaugural Horasis-in-Nigeria business meeting5 hours 2 minutes ago
- Buhari felicitates with Jakande at 905 hours 12 minutes ago
- Oath of Secrecy: Odinkalu drags NHRC to court, insists it’s illegal5 hours 24 minutes ago
- Naira gains 50 kobo at parallel market, to trade at N358.5 to dollar5 hours 30 minutes ago
What happens when traders don't bring out their goods to the town square?
1. People will buy from traders who bring out their goods to the...What happens when traders don't bring out their goods to the town square?
1. People will buy from traders who bring out their goods to the town square.
2. The goods of the traders who don't bring it out will spoil.
What are your marketing plans this year - leave your goods at home locally or bring it out to the global town square?
Register for the upcoming Enugu Digital Marketing Masterclass and learn how you can position your business in the global market square - bit.ly/EnuguDMMregistration
Registration fee: N10,000
Early bird: N9,000 ends 20th January
Proudly Sponsored by:
1. Ify Melody Ajumobi
2. Uka Francis
3. Techx Innovation Hub
5. Celtek Wireless
6. De Lamb Tables and
7. iValue Media
#EnuguDMM Show more
COMMUNIQUE AT THE 3RD SOUTH EAST NIGERIA ECONOMIC SUMMIT ORGANISED BY THE SOUTH EAST REGION ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (SEREDEC) HELD AT THE...COMMUNIQUE AT THE 3RD SOUTH EAST NIGERIA ECONOMIC SUMMIT ORGANISED BY THE SOUTH EAST REGION ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (SEREDEC) HELD AT THE BASE EVENT CENTRE, BETWEEN APPEAL COURT & WAEC, INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT, ENUGU ON 11TH – 12TH DECEMBER, 2018
1. SEREDEC and partners: PERL ARC and Ford Foundation organized the 3rd SEES which attracted high level personalities from private sector and the five governments of the South East. The over 500 participants came from all over the world.
2. The Governor of Enugu State sent the Director General of South East Governors’ Forum to open the Summit.
3. The former Governor of Anambra State and pioneer Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum who is now the Vice presidential candidate of PDP was the Keynote Speaker.
4. A sampling of the international attendees included Dr. Walid Farghal, Director General Annual Investment Meeting, UAE Ministry of Economy: under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vic President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. A sampling of the Nigerian participants include: Dr. Paschal Dozie, Chief Mabzulike Amaechi, Sen. Ben Obi, Chief Onyema Ugochukwu, Chief Dubem Onyia, Dr. Alex Chika Okafor (Chicason), etc
5. There were vigorous discussions in the on-going SEREDEC projects in rail network, gas pipeline network, hospital development, ICT, and the South East Finance Company.
6. There were presentations on key industrial sectors such as Enyimba Economic City, Geometric Power Project, in Aba, Aba Ariaria shoe manufacturers.
7. There were industrialists such as Dr Chika Okafor, Chairman, Chicason Group of Companies, ICT entrepreneurs, agribusiness industrialists.
8. There were excellent presentations on the Ease of Doing Business, particularly a World Bank report on the Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria and the South East.
9. The UAE Annual Investment Meeting signed an MOU with SEREDEC Board on Investment and Development partners, this was the one of the major highlights of the Summit.
1. Within one year to conclude feasibility study of the rail network, gas pipeline and hospital projects.
2. The SEFCO project development team will have completed the plans for capitalization by year end.
3. SEREDEC to set up mechanism for returning to the traditional method of training and certifying the vocational training for youths in order to give them job opportunities.
4. SEREDEC to support Aba leather manufacturing cluster.
5. SEREDEC to work with project developers to begin implementation of CSR that give sustainable empowerment to the communities and people.
6. SEREDEC to set up innovation center for providing technical innovation for SE entrepreneurs.
7. The Commissioners of Commerce and industries of the South East States were enjoined to provide and publish a properly “manned” compliant hotline. Show more
If you are from the South East, pay attention to this.
A history making event, the 3rd South East Economic Summit will take place on the 11th and...If you are from the South East, pay attention to this.
A history making event, the 3rd South East Economic Summit will take place on the 11th and 12th of December at the Base Event Centre from 9am.
The theme of this year's summit is South East Nigeria, the Investment Destination.
This event is organised by the South East Region Economic Development Company (SEREDEC) with support from DFID's Partnership to Reform, Engage and Learn (PERL) arm and Ford Foundation.
SEES 2018 Highlights
+ There will be plenary sessions on the Ease of Doing Business in the South East; this will be an opportunity for youths, entrepreneurs and community leaders to actively engage in the planning of the development of the South East.
+ A session will be dedicated to the Igbo Model Venture Capital where representatives from Alaba, Ariaria and Nnewi markets will share their experiences and insights.
Why do most of our "not-so-educated" entrepreneurs do better in business than our educated entrepreneurs?
What lessons can we learn from them and apply to the corporate Igbo business world?
+ Mr. Walid Farghal, the DG Annual Meeting Dubai will deliver a paper title 'The Dubai Miracle'.
Who Should Be In Attendance?
3. Community leaders
The first and second summits that were held focused at identifying key projects to deploy in the South East; this summit is about implementation of projects identified from the previous summits.
Entrepreneurs are encouraged to come be part of the brainstorming sessions so we can chart the way forward.
Youths and community leaders are encouraged to come to share their experiences and foster solutions on the implementation and sustainability of the projects.
Don't be a spectator; be part of this history changing process.
See you at the South East Economic Summit 2018!
Please share widely. Show more
Enjoy your popular comedy and prank videos here , don't forget to share videos to your friends and families , we are here to make you happy and...
"Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough".
~Pathros - the greatest salesman in the world.
When Nelson Mandela was studying law at the University, a white professor, whose last name was Peters, disliked him intensely.
One day, Mr. Peters was...When Nelson Mandela was studying law at the University, a white professor, whose last name was Peters, disliked him intensely.
One day, Mr. Peters was having lunch at the dining room when Mandela came along with his tray & sat next to the professor.
The professor said, "Mr Mandela, you do not understand, a pig & a bird do not sit together to eat".
Mandela looked at him as a parent would a rude child & calmly replied, "You do not worry professor. I'll fly away," & he went & sat at another table.
Mr. Peters, reddened with rage, decided to take revenge.
The next day in class he posed the following question: "Mr. Mandela, if you were walking down the street & found a package, & within was a bag of wisdom & another bag with money, which one would you take ?"
Without hesitating, Mandela responded, "The one with the money, of course."
Mr. Peters , smiling sarcastically said,
"I, in your place, would have taken the wisdom."
Nelson Mandela shrugged & responded, "Each one takes what he doesn't have."
Mr. Peters, by this time was about to throw a fit, seething with fury.
So great was his anger that he wrote on Nelson Mandela's exam sheet the word "IDIOT" & gave it to the future struggle icon.
Mandela took the exam sheet & sat down at his desk trying very hard to remain calm while he contemplated his next move.
A few minutes later, Nelson Mandela got up, walked up to the professor & told him in a dignified polite tone, "Mr. Peters, you signed your name on the sheet, but you forgot to give me my grade."
Don't mess with intelligent people....pass it on to your intellectual friends.... Show more
We've got to vote right this time.
Hi Munachi Emmanuel , what's your group about?
I couldn't really understand it from the group details. - feeling speechless
Count down to my upcoming training on the 15th of November.
You will learn how to advertise your business on thousands of websites with as little as...Count down to my upcoming training on the 15th of November.
You will learn how to advertise your business on thousands of websites with as little as N500 and lots more.
Book your seats now to stand the chance of winning free advertising credits you can use to advertise what you do. Show more